Congratulations to Bill Marlatt, John Bellingham, Keith Doyle, Cole Rigby and Sarah TenBruggancate, Rehab/Mobility Specialist at Yurek Mobility, for becoming a Registered Rehabilitation Technology Supplier® (RRTS®)
You are probably asking, “what is an RRTS®?”
Complex rehab technology includes medically necessary individually configured manual and power wheelchair systems, adaptive seating systems, alternative positioning systems, and other mobility devices that require evaluation, fitting, design, adjustment, and programming. This type of technology is designed to meet the specific and unique medical and functional needs of an individual living with a disability.
All have met rigorous standards, and after a review process and approval, have obtained the designation of RRTS®.
Here are some of the minimal requirements necessary to become RRST® certified:
1. One year of experience as a Rehabilitation Technology Supplier
2. 1000 hours of client-patient contact
3. 1.0 CEU or 10 hours per NRRT Core Curriculum criteria
4. Meet with the NRRTS Regional Review Chair
5. Adheres to stringent code of ethics
6. Commits to participates in ongoing continuing education.
Our team of specialists has met all and more – congratulations to all for this well-deserved achievement!